Monday 29 September 2008

Plus Ca Change

Nigel MolesworthImage via Wikipedia
I'm indebted to Word Magazine for reminding me that it is fifty years since the untimely passing of Geoffrey Willans, creator of the indefatigable Molesworth.

If anyone has not yet been introduced to the delights of Down with Skool!, illustrated with aplomb by Ronald Searle, then stop reading at once and go pick up a copy of The Compleet Molesworth.

How does this impact educationally? Well, one of Molesworth's quotes is
It is a funny thing, but headmasters are always very keen on conferences, committees etc when they discuss how to educate boys chiz tho it does not seme to make much difference we are all IGNORANT.
In my darkest hours that is exactly the feeling I take away from the various conferences I have myself hosted.

Word Magazine
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: